Beatport has shared its best-selling tracks, genres and labels of 2018.
Fisher's summer tech house anthem 'Losing It', which was recently nominated for a Grammy, secured the number one spot as Beatport's top-selling track of 2018. The site's number two and three tracks of 2018 ended up being remixes of two rave classics: Camelphat's remix of Fatboy Slim's 'Right Here, Right Now' (which first premiered on Mixmag) followed by Andrew Mellers Reincarnation Mix of Underworld's 'Born Slippy'.
The sixth best-selling tune on Beatport this past year was DJ Koze's 'Pick Up' which earned the number one spot on Mixmag's Top 50 Tracks of 2018 list.
Of the 30 genres listed on the website, techno has managed to hold its place as Beatport's most popular genre, followed by tech house and house.
Toolroom is Beatport's most successful label of 2018, securing a total of five tracks on their Top 100 Best Sellers list. Drumcode, Diynamic, Defected and Cocoon Recordings also scored multiple entries on the site's Top 100 list.
Check out Beatport's Top 10 Tracks of 2018 below.
1. Fisher - ‘Losing It’ [Catch & Release]
2. Fatboy Slim - ‘Right Here, Right Now’ (CamelPhat remix) [Toolroom]
3. Andrew Meller - ‘Born Slippy’ (Reincarnation Mix) [Glasgow Underground]
4. Adam Beyer & Bart Skils - ‘Your Mind’ [Drumcode]
5. Energy 52 - ‘Cafe Del Mar’ (Tale Of Us remix) [Renaissance Records]
6. DJ Koze - ‘Pick Up’ (12” Extended Disco Version) [Pampa Records]
7. Flashmob - ‘The Lone Brazilian’ [Hot Creations]
8. Dom Dolla - ‘Take It’ [Sweat It Out]
9. Au/Ra & CamelPhat - ‘Panic Room’ [RCA Records]
10. Andrew Meller - ‘Insomnia’ [Glasgow Underground]
Head to Beatport’s 2018 Best Sellers page for the overall Top 100 here
Back in July, Beatport introduced a new Hype Charts feature to its website to “strengthen its commitment to developing independent music and labels”, give smaller labels “greater visibility” and make it easier to identify unique and upcoming music from all over the world. Check out Beatport's Hype Charts here
Cameron is Mixmag's US Jr. Editor. Follow him on Twitter here