The Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner - Coroner has released a report confirming Mac Miller died from an accidental drug overdose involving fentanyl, cocaine and alcohol.
The 26-year-old rapper and producer was found unresponsive in his LA home on September 7 and an autopsy was performed the following day.
The US Drug Enforcement Administration estimates 200 people die of overdoses every day, and the potent painkiller fentanyl has been a deadly contributor in the country’s opioid crisis. The drug was also a factor in the deaths of Prince and Lil Peep recently.
Miller publicly struggled with drug addiction, which his ex-girlfriend Ariana Grande addressed in a statement posted on Twitter after their break-up.
Last week Grande released a new single title ‘thank u, next’ in which she referred to Miller as an “angel”.