Ricardo Villalobos is releasing a five-track EP made up of remixed versions of Phuture's 'We Are Phuture'.
The EP will feature a remastered version of the original track, alongside four completely new remixes of the single. No clues have been given on how long each individual remix will run for, but if the first one, and anything else by Villalobos is anything to go by, expect tracks clocking over 10 minutes.
'We Are Phuture' came out in 1988, a year after Phuture's iconic 'Acid Tracks', one regarded as the start of acid house.
The group reunited in 2014, going on to play multiple festivals and tour North America and Europe. Late in 2016, co-founder of the group, Earl “DJ Spank Spank” Smith, passed away.
'We Are Phuture (Ricardo Villalobos Phutur I - IV Remixes)' will be released on March 1 via Berlin-based label Get Physical.
Listen to the original and see the artwork and tracklist below.
01. We Are Phuture (Remastered)
02. We Are Phuture (Ricardo Villalobos Phutur I Remix)
03. We Are Phuture (Ricardo Villalobos Phutur II Remix)
04. We Are Phuture (Ricardo Villalobos Phutur III Remix)
05. We Are Phuture (Ricardo Villalobos Phutur IV Remix)