Mixmag is launching a paid digital internship.
There are two positions open, working five days a week with Mixmag’s award-winning digital team across web, video and social media for an initial three month period.
You'll be able to share your passion for dance music and bring your innovative ideas to life while honing your skills alongside the best journalists in music media.
The role will be remote to start, and eventually (COVID restrictions dependant) include 2-3 days a week based in our central London office (April-June).
Applications close on Friday, April 9.
See below for further details and how to apply.
- Writing news and features for Mimxag.net
- Working with the Mixmag socials team to create content for social media
- Pitching ideas for written, video, socials and audio content
- Using inside knowledge of dance & electronic music to help choose which artists and releases are featured on Mixmag.net
- Working directly with Mixmag’s Head Of Digital and Features Editor to learn about music media and the music industry
- Passion for digital media, music journalism and dance music
- Studying or have qualified from a journalism degree or NCTJ course or have prior experience in music journalism, digital and social media
- Comfortable with Photoshop, Premier Pro and have experience with content management systems. Knowledge of audio editing and After Effects a plus
- Fluent in Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, SoundCloud and YouTube
- Prepared to work in a fast-paced environment with plenty of opportunity to pitch innovative ideas and contribute to Mixmag's best-in-class digital content
Please send your CV and answers to the below questions alongside two references and their contact details to email@example.com (max 250 words each).
- A news story written by you to run on Mixmag.net (max 250 words) and say why it fits Mixmag's audience (max 150 words).
- Outline your experience in creating written content for digital platforms
- Outline your experience in producing and building social media channels
- Summarise how you have continued to apply your skills in journalism and your passion for dance music despite the last year of lockdown
- Please also share a select portfolio of news stories, features, interviews and / or other music journalism related "clippings" you think may be relevant for us to consider
Deadline: Friday, April 9
We will contact successful candidates and invite them for a Zoom interview with members of our editorial team.