The record is entirely made up of solo flute tracks in an unusual change of direction from the rapper, an instrumental album consisting of eight new tracks.
‘New Blue Sun’ lands this Friday, November 17, featuring some comically lengthy titles including ‘I Swear, I Really Wanted to Make a “Rap” Album but This Is Literally the Way the Wind Blew Me This Time’.
Other tracks include ‘That Night in Hawaii When I Turned Into a Panther and Started Making These Low Register Purring Tones That I Couldn’t Control ... Sh¥t Was Wild’, and ‘The Slang Word P(*)ssy Rolls Off the Tongue With Far Better Ease Than the Proper Word Vagina. Do You Agree?’.
The record will only feature solo flute tracks, no backing tracks or rap verses, and consists heavily of the Contrabass flute, Mayan flutes, bamboo flutes, and digital wind instruments, according to NPR.
US rapper Lupe Fiasco joked on Twitter that he would “rap all over” the new André album, announcing: “Gonna rap all over that 3Stacks album and put it in the time capsule for future generations.”
Pre-order ‘New Blue Sun’ here, and find the tracklist below.
1. I Swear, I Really Wanted to Make a “Rap” Album but This Is Literally the Way the Wind Blew Me This Time
2. The Slang Word P(*)ssy Rolls Off the Tongue With Far Better Ease Than the Proper Word Vagina . Do You Agree?
3. That Night in Hawaii When I Turned Into a Panther and Started Making These Low Register Purring Tones That I Couldn’t Control ... Sh¥t Was Wild
4. BuyPoloDisorder’s Daughter Wears a 3000® Button Down Embroidered
5. Ninety Three ’Til Infinity And Beyoncé
6. Ghandi, Dalai Lama, Your Lord & Savior J.C. / Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, and John Wayne Gacy
7. Ants to You, Gods to Who ?
8. Dreams Once Buried Beneath the Dungeon Floor Slowly Sprout Into Undying Gardens
Gemma Ross is Mixmag's Assistant Editor, follow her on Twitter