LA-based Australian three-piece RÜFÜS DU SOL are steadily becoming one of the world's most popular live electronic acts. Their third album looks like it will be the tipping point for a band Pete Tong says "are about to hit a whole new level"
Hype around the band is reaching melting point and the time is right for the trio to gain a revered Mixmag cover.
It seems right that their Cover Mix is littered with loads of unreleased, exclusive gems from the band, alongside some absolute weapons from Alan Fitzpatrick, Jonas Rathsman and Yotto.
Check out their track-by-track breakdown below and listen to mix now.
1. Yotto ‘Hyperlude’ (Rüfüs Du Sol No Place edit) (Unreleased)
“Nice little interlude that we turned into a teaser”
2. Jonas Rathsman ‘Nazca’ (All Day I Dream)
3. Martin Waslewski ‘Majaka’ (Exploited Ghetto)
4. Bebetta & CIOZ ‘Elephant on Ebay’ (Rüfüs Du Sol’s Love Tonight edit) (Unreleased)
“Lifted the a capella from Melbourne’s ‘Shouse’ to sit on this chunky number”
5. Yolanda Be Cool & Cut Snake ‘Chilimanjaro’ (Sweat It Out)
“They always come through”
6. Yotto ‘Kantsu’ (Ajuna Deep)
“This album is so, so good!”
7. Cassian ‘Lafayette’ (Rose Avenue)
“Tried-and-tested weapon out soon on our label”
8. Eelke Kleijn ‘The Calling’ (Rüfüs Du Sol’s Escape edit) (Unreleased)
“Loving the big analogue pitch-bends on this one and couldn’t resist teasing a new vocal from the album”
9. Alan Fitzpatrick ‘In Excess’ (Unknown To The Unknown)
“Love the drum programming”
10. Tom Flynn ‘Packard’ (Planet E)
“Love the dark groove with the light, jazzy piano feel”
11. Rüfüs Du Sol ‘Underwater’ (Club edit) (Reprise Records / Rose Avenue)
“A deep cut from our album that we turned into a club edit”
12. Dena Amy ‘Jol’ (Unreleased)
“A thumper from this lady with a bunch more to come”
13. Floyd Lavine ‘Masala’ (Pablo Fierro remix) (Rise Music)
“Been thrashing this a lot lately for its happy vibes”
14. Rüfüs Du Sol ‘No Place’ (Lindström & Prins Thomas remix) (Reprise Records / Rose Avenue)
“Just got this back from two lords of dance music!”