Today Mixmag is taking part in #TheShowMustBePaused, a day for the music industry to have an honest, reflective and productive conversation about what actions we can take to support the Black community.
The initiative has been set up by two Black women in music, Atlantic Senior Directors of Marketing Jamila Thomas and Brianna Agyemany, and comes in the wake of the murder of George Floyd by the police in Minneapolis on May 25.
We will be pausing all editorial on our website and social media and will instead be amplifying information and resources about the Black Lives Matter movement.
We will also be taking the time to learn and understand, and we encourage our readers to do the same.
Some links suggested by #TheShowMustBePaused:
- Help the family of George Floyd HERE.
- Fight for Breonna Taylor HERE
- Help the family of Ahmaud Arbery HERE
- Want to help protesters? Donate to one or more community bail funds HERE
- Visit Movement For Black Lives for additional ways you can help the cause
- Want to connect with leaders building grass roots campaigns? Click HERE
- Are you an ally and want to learn more? Here are some anti-racism resources
- Ways to help Black Lives Matter HERE
- A document of organisations and funs to support HERE
- Split a donation to 39 community bail funds helping protestors in the US HERE
- Support Black Protest Legal Support UK HERE
- Take 10 steps to non-optical allyship HERE