One of dance music's favorite family duos, The Martinez Brothers, have released a 13-track mixtape titled 'Space Jams Vol. 1' which features eight edits from their epic 24-hour sets at Club Space in Miami.
Reinterpreting r'n'b, disco and funk classics such as Janet Jackson’s ‘What Have You Done For Me Lately’,D’Angelo’s ‘Betray My Heart’ and ‘Going to See My Baby’ by Fatback Band, each track has new and rousing characteristics that bring The Martinez Brothers' discernible dancefloor style to life.
“One day while hanging out with the legend that is Danny Tenaglia, he said something to us that really rang true; to separate yourself as a DJ you have to make your own edits," said The Martinez Brothers when speaking about the new mixtape. Over the years, it’s come to pass that some of those edits have become some of the most asked about tracks in our sets. So we wanted to share some of our private stashes with the fans and DJ’s out there. Because at the end of the day the point of the music is to share it. So we hope y’all enjoy and rock it LOUD.”
Listen to The Martinez Brothers' ‘Space Jams Vol. 1’ mixtape below and purchase it here.
'Space Jams Vol. 1' tracklist:
01.Sir Speedy - Amor Con La Ropa (TMB Mix)
02. Smoking At Kendogs Interlude
03. Chantel Curtis - Hitman (TMB Mix)
04. Michael Jackson - In The Closet (TMB Mix)
05. Dillas Donuts // Dooms Hoe Cake$ Interlude
06. D’Angelo - Betray My Heart (TMB Mix)
07. War - Galaxy (TMB Mix)
08. 4 U Shaolin Traphouse
09. Lil Yachty Ft Lil Baby - Saint Laurent YSL (TMB Mix)
10. Fatback Band - Going To See My Baby (TMB Mix)
11. Odyssey - Use It Up & Wear It Out (TMB Mix)
12. Janet Jackson - What Have You Done For Me Lately (TMB Mix)
13. Space Jams End Credits
Cameron is Mixmag's Jr. Editor. Follow him on Twitter
Read this next!