The Cover Mix: Sven Väth
Listen to the exclusive cover mix from the papa, Sven Väth
30 years into his DJ career, Sven Väth is as enthused and reliable as a selector as ever. Strap yourself in. You’re in for a masterclass of driving techno and melodic house from the Cocoon boss.
Listen to the mix and check out the track-by-track description below.
1. Blondes ‘Clipse’ (R&S Records)
“‘Clipse’ is such a fresh track and delivers the right tropical atmosphere for the upcoming summer season”
2. Reboot ‘Are You Losing My Mind’ (Vinyl version) (Get Physical)
“I’m still happy to play this strong, vinyl-only deep house track by Reboot, along with two remixes by Ricardo Villalobos”.
3. Efdemin ‘Acid Bells’ (DJ Koze edit) (Curle)
“Another great DJ Koze remix, nicely trippy with a crazy twist”.
4. DJ Koze
Nein König Nein’ (Pampa) “And another from DJ Koze. The title means ‘No King No’ in German, but we say ‘Yes King DJ Koze’! A fantastic track released on Pampa as a teaser for his new album ‘Knock Knock’.
5. Tom Flynn ‘Back Again’ (Exit Strategy)
“This is one of my secret weapons, with strong grooves and claps and heavy chords. Check out his other productions and the Exit Strategy label which comes from the Innervisions circle”
6. John Tejada ‘Detector’ (Kompakt)
“John Tejada is a producer you can count on. I love the melancholy feeling in this track, which builds a perfect bridge between house and techno. My record bag is full of Kompakt releases again!”
7. Fur Coat ‘Immersion’ (Watergate)
“A new release by two young producers from Venezuela. I recently did a 14-hour set at the Berlin club and played this”
8. Butch ‘Countach’ (Cocoon)
“Butch delivers a proper ‘Lamborghini’ track here on Cocoon: strong, sharp and sporty”
9. Ilario Alicante ‘Figure of RA’ (Drumcode)
“My Italian hero Ilario is getting better and better”
10. Timothy J Fairplay 'Birthday Celebrations at Utrechet Space Disco’ (Nocta Numerica)
“I really love this EP. It sounds like Italian disco meets Legowelt”
11. Tim Green ‘They Want us to Fall Down’ (Cocoon)
“Tim Green’s a true storyteller – so deep and groovy. I’m proud to release his album”