An unnamed man, believed to be in his 20s, has died after suffering critical burns following the outbreak of a fire onsite at Glastonbury festival last night (Monday, June 20th).
A spokesperson for Avon and Somerset Constabulary informed the press: "We were called by the fire service after reports of a man on fire at the Glastonbury festival site at about 5.20pm last night.
"The man suffered serious burns and was taken by air ambulance to Southmead Hospital in Bristol. He was transferred to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham, where he sadly later died.
"The man's family have been informed and our thoughts are with them at this time. Our enquiries are continuing but we are treating the death as unexplained and do not believe it to be suspicious."
Local reports have suggested the fire may have been caused by a petrol spillage in the Green Fields area of the festival site, but this is unconfirmed at this time.
Firefighters reportedly found it difficult to reach the victim due to the severe flooding onsite related to recent adverse weather conditions in the area.
Glastonbury festival opens to the public tomorrow morning, Wednesday June 22.
Patrick Hinton is Mixmag's Digital Intern, follow him on Twitter