Search Menu
Home Latest News Menu
News

Teenager who died after Fabric visit took MDMA dose “well within the fatal range”

Jack Crossley passed away on August 6 last year

  • Dave Turner
  • 4 January 2017

An 18-year-old who died after visiting Fabric had taken a high amount of MDMA, according to a toxicology report.

The inquest on Jack Crossley's death, which led to the brief closure of the London club, heard the teenager's pulse reached 190BPM and 2.2 micrograms of MDMA was found in every millimetre of his blood.

Having suffered cardiac arrest in an ambulance outside the Farringdon venue, Crossley was taken to Royal London Hospital around 5.30am, where Dr Karim Ahmad recorded Crossley's temperature at 42°c.

Dr Ahmad said: "Aggressive cooling protocols were initiated, but he was unstable. I believe that the metabolic effects of the drug reaction were so severe that there was nothing else that teams could have done that would have had a significant effect on the outcome."

The inquest also heard that Crossley and his friends had taken MDMA into the club via their underwear, later buying more inside when that had run out.

However, coroner Mary Hassell said that the issue is "much wider than one nightclub."

[Via: the Guardian]

Dave Turner is Mixmag's Digital News Editor, follow him on Twitter

Load the next article
Loading...
Loading...