Giorgio Moroder's first ever compilation celebrates 27 years of Space Ibiza
Moroder has never released a compilation until now
To celebrate 27 years of Space Ibiza, Cr2 Records has linked up with Giorgio Moroder to put together his first ever compilation release.
Space Ibiza, one of the world's most iconic clubs, recently closed its doors for the final time this month, ending nearly three decades as a haven for dance music on the White Isle. From 1989 to 2016, it was a crown jewel of the world clubbing community and helped establish the careers of numerous household name DJs.
Moroder, who was a regular at Space Ibiza, is now 76-years-old and will finally release his first ever mix compilation to celebrate the revered venue, simultaneously providing a snapshot into his long and storied career. A pioneer of electronic music, he's credited with launching the career of Donna Summer, along with influencing, and collaborating with, Daft Punk.
The Cr2 compilation is split into three CDs, with disc one and three curated and mixed by Erick Morillo and Cr2 founder Mark Brown. Each mix pays homage to the impact that Space Ibiza had on the entire industry.
On Moroder's disc two, he provides the listener with a sublime collection of disco-inspired cuts featuring the likes of Joey Negro, Cerrone, Alexander Robotnik and himself.
Listen the opening track from Moroder’s disc and view the complete tracklist below. Pre-order here.
1. Daft Punk – 'Giorgio by Moroder'
2. Joris Voorn – 'Chase the Mouse'
3. Giorgio Moroder – 'From Here To Eternity (Danny Tenaglia Superdub)'
4. Cerrone – 'Supernature'
5. Cloud One – 'Disco Juice'
6. Joey Negro – 'Free Bass (Joey Negro Funk Equation Mix)'
7. Alexander Robotnick – 'Problemes D’Amour'
8. Gino Soccio - 'Dancer'
9. Tensnake – 'Coma Cat'
10. Giorgio Moroder – 'Evolution (Roger Sanchez Extra Terrestrial Mix)'
11. Giorgio Moroder – 'Déjà vu (feat. Sia)'