Few artists have had as much influence on a genre as Michel Amato, aka The Hacker. He has been creating dark, brooding, atmospheric and unique electronic music since he started producing over 20 years ago.
The Frenchman, who's highly influenced by Dopplereffekt, Depeche Mode and Drexciya, has produced four albums with fellow electronic mainstay Miss Kittin and this continued collaboration has heralded a wealth of noir-drenched electro pop.
As important to him as releasing his own music, he also runs Zone Records, the French imprint powered alongside the new prince of darkness, Gesaffelstein. Gesa openly credits The Hacker as an integral factor to his success and the reason he initially discovered his own sound. The pair often play together and there's no doubt that this is a violent match made in heaven.
In 2014,The Hacker is back and better than ever. Last month he released 'Love/Kraft Part 1', the first half of his new studio album and the five-tracker explores his production set and the wide range of sounds he has to offer.
For our In Session mix, The Hacker merges the likes of Louisahhh!!! & Maelstrom, Djedjotronic, Kraftwerk and New York Transit Authority to create an electro journey like no other. There's also an unreleased cut from the man himself. Prepare yourselves, this one goes in hard.
'Love/Kraft Part 1' is available now via Zone Records and you can grab it here
1. The Hacker - Polonium 210
2. Phil Kieran & Green Velvet - Electronics Dream
3. Front De Cadeaux - Le Pede Bpm
4. Maceo Plex - Conjure Bass
5. Maelstrom & Louisahhh!!! - Rough & Tender
6. The Hacker - Unreleased 1
7. Cute Heels - Metal Disco V
8. The Hacker - Jealousy
9. Djedjotronic - Kaiko
10. Kraftwerk - Numbers
11. Front 242 - Never Stop
12. The Horrorist - Here Come The Storm (The Hacker remix)
13. New York Transit Authority - Swarm
14. Neil Landstrumn - I Trade My Ass For Drugs
15. The Hacker & Perspects - A Thousand Times"