Sef Kombo and Kitty Amor are on the cover of Mixmag. Read the cover feature here and check out their exclusive cover mix below
How did you put together your cover mix?
When putting mixes together, we are motivated by what we've been personally listening to whether it be old or new. It is important for our mixes to educate listeners on the authenticity of afro house and give them the club feeling. Good music stands out and that's what we seek out for.
Where and on what equipment did you record it?
Recorded at Pirate Studios using CDJ 2000s and DJM 900 Nexus
How does what you play on affect your style of DJing and what is your general process for finding music?
Always at home with industry standard Pioneer DJ setup however, what we play on hardly affects our style as the music defines it. Our main process of finding music is through digital outlets like Traxsource or Beatport as well as getting exclusive cuts on promo. We like to keep our ear on the ground and discover upcoming talent through platforms like Soundcloud and Bandcamp.
Can you talk through some of the producers you've picked for this particular mix?
We've chosen producers such as Da Capo, Enoo Napa, Pierre Johnson, Hyenah and Kususa as they have gone from strength to strength with their evolving production sounds, which contributes to their outstanding catalogue. We also shine light on upcoming talents like Aimo and Massh who have strong positions in the rising of African electronic music.
1. King Fela & Da Capo ft. Omagugu - Yehla Moya (Da Capo & Nduduzo Makhathini Remix)
2. Aimo - African Mermaid
3. Chaleee ft. Nuzu Deep - Imithandazo (Chaleee After Hours Mix)
4. Viel (IT) - Get Away (Enoo Napa Remix)
5. Skywhite & Xtetiqsoul ft. Amel Chrispin - Leave This Place
6. Massh - Nisikilize
7. Tick Tock & Milkoeh ft. B'utiza - Kakaramba (Dee Cee Remix)
8. Pierre Johnson & Ed-Ward - Salida
9. Hyenah ft. DJ Tira & Luke Ntombela - Ezizweni
10. Wilson Kentura - Blue
11. Manyelo Dafro & Bassekou Kouyate - Ladon (Kususa Remix)
Read this next: Get the best of Mixmag direct to your Facebook DMs