Luis Garban is the Venezuelan-born, Barcelona based DJ and producer who's been putting in the hard graft for a long time. 2015 is the year that's seen that graft pay off and now Cardopusher has become a name we're going to be seeing a lot more of.
In 2008 Garban was an alumni of the Red Bull Music Academy in Barcelona and he's released on a wealth of record labels since his induction. The range of imprints are about as varied as they come. They all showcase a different sound and style but all maintain the same high levels of productions.
This is simply down to the fact that Cardopusher nails it in so many genres. Whether it's fast-paced electro, bone-crushing techno or dusty atmospheric acid, the producer knows no bounds. That doesn't mean it's hard to tell whether it's a Cardopusher track though, quite the opposite. His devilish DNA is injected through each of his tracks and that's part of the reason we love him.
Hyperdub, Iberian and True Tiger have all hosted his tracks but he's found his more permanent home elsewhere. Alex Ridha's unparralled vision and superb foresight when it comes to discovering artists is second-to-none and as Boys Noize he spotted something in Cardopusher that kicked things up a gear.
Now Cardopusher is a staple member of the Boysnoize Records camp. He's released loads of heavy-artillery techno weapons and it couldn't be a better fit. Although he continues to release heavily via his own label Classicworks with acidic comrade Nehuen, BNR has been the place where the sparks have begun to fly.
Tracks on the Miami Noize compilation and appearances at several Boysnoize Records parties, Garban is now part of the family and what better way to cement your inclusion on one of the world's best labels than with your debut album.
That's right Cardopusher's debut album' Manipulator' has just dropped and it's ten tracks of wild, ferocious and feverish acid that slams its way through electro, techno and beyond. It's his most accomplished work to date and ties together nearly a decade of hard work and expert precision.
With this in mind we're thrilled to have the selector go In Session for us. His tracklist includes fiery gems from the likes of Lee Gamble, Throbbing Gristle, Boys Noize and Worker/Parasite and it's mixed pretty damn seamlessly. It's a great reflection of what Garban is all about and gives you a solid taster of what to expect from his sterling debut.
01. Scott Young - M.O.E.I. (Born Free)
02. Jahiliyya Fields - Finity Disguise (L.I.E.S)
03. Jahiliyya Fields - Abendlander (L.I.E.S)
04. Lee Gamble - You Concrete (PAN)
05. Boys Noize - Overstayer (BNR)
06. Rich Lane - Flesh (Magic Feet)
07. Mutant Beat Dance - New News Is Old News (Rong Music)
08. Worker/Parasite - Gourd (Classicworks)
09. Cardopusher - Morning Traffic Dance (BNR)
10. Fatal Error - Fatal Error (R&S)
11. Beta Evers - Move In My Body Rhythm (Kommando 6)
12. Frak - Machines Drifting Away (Borft)
13. Propaganda - Frozen Faces (Members Only Edit) (Members Only)
14. Absolute Body Control - Figures (Angular)
15. Cardopusher - Manipulator (BNR)
16. //Tense// - Disconnect Myself (Mannequin)
17. Nehuen - We Have A Problem (Pirotecnia)
18. Throbbing Gristle - Hot On The Heels Of Love (Industrial Records)
19. Angelo Badalamenti - Mysteries Of Love (Varèse Sarabande)
LEFTI's 'Forever' premieres on the metropolitan outskirts of Street Player
Downtown Los Angeles and quick moves from KiLeigh Williams
10 iconic Gorillaz moments